Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Precious memories.

I spent the better part of this past weekend scanning pictures from an old picture box that I have. You know the kind, just a box full of old pictures that seems to have been around all of your life. The reason I was doing this instead of walking is that it was raining all weekend here. There were pictures of most everyone that I have known in my life, some that I don't even remember. Parents, I advise you to take many pictures. Just as often as you can get a snapshot of a baby, wife, place in time. The pictures helped me remember those times so vividly. Happy moments, sad moments, non eventful moments, they are all there.

I did encounter some physical problems with the scanner during this time. Just a cheap scanner built into the printer, you know the kind. I worked it until the twain driver stopped working then I would have to reboot the computer and the scanner. It was physically not possible to scan every picture that I have. Just too overwhelming. I ended up picking and choosing which ones. Then, no matter how much I cleaned the picture or the scan lens, I would end up with what appeared to be lint on the pictures. which requires more editing. I think a lot of it may have been scratches on the picture itself since they were just hanging out loose in a box. I guess I'll get my daughter to clean them up the best she can as she is a much better photo editor than myself.

The thing that I suppose I want to share most today is how spiritual this whole process was to me. Really, it is hard to describe the emotions I felt while doing this. I tend to be somewhat emotional more than many people that I know. Turned out this time to be a benefit rather than a detriment. Causes a lot of soul searching and rekindles the purpose of the soul. Perhaps it is because this is an emotional time in my life right now and the least little thing sets my mind off. However, I think it had a purpose for my life at this time. I finally came to two realizations. My past is tied to my present and my future, and I am going to get a digital camera.

1 comment:

  1. I hear yah about pictures in a box. I acually perfer my pictures that way. Instead of having to grap a disc and place it in the computer to view memories. The disc get scratched and your pics are gone for good. However I love my ditital camera because i always have film sorta speak.

    ReplyDelete