Tuesday, March 10, 2009

You need a haircut!

I went out and got a haircut today. Doesn't sound like a big deal does it? Well, it is to me, because I just hate to go do this. Not that I like the way my hair is when it is long and bushy, I don't. I just despise having to go, sitting and waiting and such. Since I am in the middle of a "job hunt" I thought it best to spiff up my appearance somewhat.

Everytime I go there, I get a different person everytime and they all ask the same question: "How do you want it cut?" I answer the same everytime: "Shorter." I usually have to go into a little more detail about that and then we can get underway. In real life I'm not a very chatty person, but that has to change the moment you sit down in the chair. Today it was about healthcare, but it has in the past been about pets, weather, economy, jobs, you name it and it has been talked about from a stylist chair. I do try to stay away from subjects that polarize people like: "How did you like the election?" or "What do you think about that church?" I usually will not take a chance on these things. Remember, someone with sharp instruments has full control of me from the neck up! Best thing to do in this circumstance is to wimp out and say: "How do you feel about it?" Most times that works and I won't be there over ten minutes from start to finish, so all is well. Today it worked out okay and I don't have to go back for a few weeks. The lady today was nice, but very opinionated. She did a good job and I gave her a tip.

One of my dreams when I retire is to stop going to the barber shop, throw away my razor, and throw away my wristwatch. Look for me, I'll be the bearded old hermit that won't give you the time of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment