Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hay Fever

Have you ever known someone that had bad allergies?  I mean, they would have an allergic reaction to the point that it was really a serious matter?  I am that way with hay fever.  It isn't a life or death situation like say, being allergic to peanuts or bee stings.  However, I have hay fever to a point to where I have flu like symptoms.  It is a lot like having the flu.  It only keeps me down for about a week though.  I had it worse when I was young, but now it is coming back like it did then.  I was working out in the yard Saturday and it was really nice out there.  I did not even think about the pollen count here.  Turns out, tree pollen count was very high, and last night, I lost my voice.  My nose resembles a malformed strawberry.  Now I have trouble sharing my words of wisdom with my wife. :) I bet she is devastated! :)

I take a new medicine for my Arthritis, and it is designed to weaken my immune system.  It works!  My immune system is what attacks my joints.  My arthritis is much better as of late, but my hay fever has gotten much worse this year as a result.  Benadryl helps, but doesn't do it all, and I get very sleepy as a result.  Other medicines haven't proved successful at treating the hay fever for me.  Cortisone may help, but I had to take Prednisone for 3 years.  I don't want to go down that path again.  I suppose I'm sharing this because I am seeking more information on the treatment of hay fever.  I thought that you guys might be able to point to some things that I haven't thought of yet.  Contact info is on my profile, or you can comment.  Whatever you prefer.  Gonna go now and talk with my wife about....Oh! That's right. I can't talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment